Monday, July 14, 2008

Wind Cave Redux

So we attempted the Darby Wind Cave again on Sunday.

The vast snowfields and mudpits are gone, so that made for much easier going on the hike, although I still conversed with exhaustion through most of it.

(Exhaustion: Hi, I'm back again. Feel your lungs burning? See all those switchbacks up there? Yeah, I'll be your hiking buddy from now on. And that liter of water is nowhere near enough.
Me: Ok, gasp, um, you don't have to mock me, but you can stay, gasp, and you're much better company than that Common Sense guy)

Alright, so that exchange didn't actually happen, but we did make it into the cave. It was cold and windy and dark, with tight spaces to squeeze through and wet rock and freezing mountain water. I don't think I'll be going back to the cave, but I'm glad to have gotten there.

I wish I had a better picture of this cave, especially from inside, but if you look closely you can see a waterfall, and that is the mouth of the cave.

No comments: