Thursday, June 5, 2008

First Week!

Hi there.
I just finished my first week of work for INL and the massive bureaucracy that is the DOE. Seriously, it took me four days to get a garbage can in my cube, and that's without any trash bag to speak of. Also, it's impossible to do any work, because I don't have a locking drawer, and my source documents necessitate locking up. Picture sad me with no source documents.
My cube is barren. Just a desk and computer. I could totally move my bed in there and stay always.

Here is a window into my night: pretty soon I'll leave and attend the Idaho American Nuclear Society party at the Senior Center. I'm not sure where it is, but I guess I'll just follow the trail of walkers. This party is supposed to be a big deal. I think there's a band. Let's keep our fingers crossed that I don't get too drunk and embarrass myself. After the party I'll come home and send mildly offensive texts to people I barely know to keep me company. All the while, it's 45 degrees here!

2 comments:

Spacebeer said...

Just keep your eye on beer fest and those unlimited three ounce samples...

karen said...

somehow "idaho american nuclear society party" sounds fancy because it contains the phrase "society party." hopefully it's fun.